Coach a teacher
Support teachers and school leaders working to build a fair education for all, while developing your own skills as a coach.
Applications are now closed.
- Help guide teachers who work with disadvantaged children
- Pass on your professional expertise
- Get expert training in coaching techniques
Your help can make a difference
Our teachers and school leaders work in schools serving low-income communities. As a coach, you can help them make an even greater difference to the lives of disadvantaged children across the UK.
Your expertise, time and commitment will help our teachers develop their professional goals, as well as address the challenges they face in school. You’ll also expand your own professional skills, with training on specialist coaching techniques and one-to-one support from experts in the field. Together, we can make a difference where it’s needed most.
As a coach, you’ll get:
- bespoke, high-quality training on a range of professional coaching techniques from experts in the field
- year-round support from us and expert coaches
- regular newsletters with stories from the coaching community
- insight into the impact our teachers make and how you’ve helped them achieve this
To be a coach you'll need:
- over three years’ experience working in a professional environment
- willingness to learn and develop the use of coaching techniques to support teachers
- commitment to our vision that no child’s educational success should be limited by their background
I have had a really positive experience coaching with Teach First, and so have many others - I thoroughly enjoyed it.
How to apply
Please note applications are now closed.
Make sure to tell us about your skills and experience, to ensure we can match you with the right teacher. Our team may also email you with further questions and information.
If your application is successful, you’ll be invited by email to one of our coach training events. Applications are first-come, first-served with priority given to employees of companies that are current Teach First funders.
If you have any questions, please contact our team at email@example.com.
Before they set foot in the classroom, our country’s poorest schoolchildren are already on uneven ground. Doors are closed to them before they even know they exist. As a corporate partner, you have the power to open them.
Fundraise for us
From charity runs to spelling bees, there are so many ways you can fundraise and help to build a fair education for all.
Please read our latest COVID-19 guidance on fundraising for us.