Festival of Education: Teach First’s Friday Fest workshops (18 June)
We’re excited to be partnering with the Festival of Education, an online event taking place between 16 – 30 June 2021.
We’re excited to be partnering with the Festival of Education, an online event that takes place between 16 – 30 June 2021. This two-week festival is a key event in the education calendar as it offers an array of inspiring keynotes and CPD days, all bringing credible, topical and thought-provoking sessions that you can access for free.
Typically hosted within the beautiful grounds of Wellington College, this year’s festival will be a virtual experience in-line with COVID-19 guidelines. There will be daily keynotes taking place every afternoon of the festival and each Friday will feature valuable CPD opportunities for education professionals.
We’ll be hosting a number of CPD workshops over the two Friday Fests, aiming to bring you the latest thinking from a range of different voices in education. Please see the following workshops we have planned for Friday 18 June:
Careers after COVID-19: prep for post-pandemic possibilities
09:30 - 10:20
COVID-19 has made the world of work even more uncertain for disadvantaged pupils. Learn how schools can open doors to a future they deserve.
- Louise Preston (CHAIR) – Head of Programme Management at Teach First
- Mike Britland – Development Lead at Teach First
- Catherine Young – Careers Leader Level 6 Professional Careers Adviser at Kingsbury Green Academy
The digital legacy of COVID-19: what’s next for edtech?
10:50 - 11:40
COVID-19 forced the education sector to go almost completely digital. But what aspects of it should be kept, and what should we let go of?
- Helen Farmer (CHAIR) – Head of Digital Learning at Teach First
- Amy Mitchell - Director of Programme Innovation and Insights at Teach First
- Amanda Agard - Development Lead, Early Years and Primary at Teach First
Spinning plates: should we develop specialists or leaders?
12:10 - 13:00
Do school leaders lead specialisms, or are they specialist leaders? Explore what effective leaders need to know – and why it really matters.
- Bridget Clay (CHAIR) – Director of School Leadership at Teach First
- Alice Dunn – Head of Curriculum Design at Teach First
Courageous leadership on race and inclusion
13:20 - 14:10
Schools represent the communities we serve. Explore how leaders can better embed racial inclusion across all areas of school life.
- Joanne Benjamin-Lewis (CHAIR) - Curriculum and Training Lead at Teach First
- Rosemary Campbell-Stephens MBE
- Evelyn Forde MBE - Headteacher at Copthall School
For more information about the Festival of Education and how to register your attendance, click below: