Simplyhealth Great North Run
Join us in Newcastle for the largest half-marathon in the World!
Follow in the footsteps of Great North Run legend Sir Mo Farah as you run from the iconic Tyne bridge and finish by the sea in South Shields. This an unforgettable course with beautiful sea views and a fantastic community atmosphere as you run alongside 55,000 other participants.
Our challenge is to unlock the potential in all our children, not just some. Sign up today and help us fight for an education system that works for every child.
How to Enter
The registration fee is half price until Monday 31 January and will cost £
25 12.50 when you use the promo code 'KICKSTART2022'. We ask that you aim to raise £350 for Teach First.
If you already have your own place in this event, you can still join #TeamTeachFirst. We’d love to have you run with us. Let us know by email and we’ll send your running kit to you. There’s no minimum fundraising target if you have your own place – we just ask that you fundraise what you can!
Why join Team Teach First
The UK’s poorest children have always had to work harder to keep up with their wealthier peers at school. They don't start with the same chances and the inequality continues throughout childhood. It’s not their fault and it isn’t fair.
We know that when we get the foundations right for disadvantaged pupils – great teachers, brilliant leaders and thriving schools – all young people can have the opportunities they deserve.
- Great teachers - We recruit talented people to become teachers and place them in the schools that need them most.
- Brilliant leaders - We develop strong leaders, so schools can create lasting change at every level.
- Thriving schools - We help schools to build a thriving community, with supportive networks and positive government policy.
By fundraising for Teach First, you can help unlock the potential in all children, not just some.
Run with us and we'll provide:
- a Teach First technical running vest
- a training plan
- our fundraising pack full of ideas
- dedicated support from our Events Team to prepare for your challenge, help you smash your fundraising target and see you over the finish line
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 3862 8013.
We understand COVID-19 may cause some uncertainty around events being postponed or cancelled. We’re working closely with all the third party organisations involved and will update this webpage if and when details change. If you’ve already registered for one of our events, you should hear directly from the event organisers.