Salary and benefits
In year one you’ll receive at least the basic salary for an unqualified teacher, rising in year two to the basic for a newly qualified teacher (NQT), which is £22,023 – £27,543 depending on location.
However, you may earn a lot more, depending on your local area, the school you work in, and any management responsibilities you take on. Many participants have added departmental, year group or leadership responsibilities to their roles at an early stage in their careers, which can significantly add to your earnings.
See here for more detail on teachers’ salaries.
Accommodation, transport and food expenses are provided during Summer Institute. However, we are aware that some applicants may require financial support during this period and do not want them to be discouraged from applying. For more information about the financial support we can offer, contact the recruitment team.
Key benefits of our Leadership Development Programme
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and society
- Intensive teacher training leading to a Postgraduate Diploma (worth 120 credits - double that of a PGCE)
- Real responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to pursue a Master’s qualification at a reduced cost
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Full-time paid position for minimum of two years
- 13 weeks’ holiday