Partner with us
Develop teachers and leaders who share your commitment to a fair education. Our support focuses on your school’s needs, working together to ensure you thrive.
- Build a school where every pupil succeeds
- Bring talented people into your school to train and grow as teachers
- Get support tailored to the needs of your pupils
- Retain and develop talent with ongoing leadership training
- Accelerate your school's improvement strategy
- Join networks committed to building a fair education system
Open the door to a range of teacher training and NPQ-accredited programmes that’ll help you improve every aspect of your school’s provision, creating a place where all pupils fulfil their potential.
Build a school where every pupil succeeds
Partnering with us works. Our research shows we’ve had a positive impact on more than one million young people in England and Wales who come from low income backgrounds. And we’re not stopping.
We’ve been training teachers to work in disadvantaged communities and developing school leaders since 2003. We’ve used all that experience to refine the training and mentoring we provide so that, ultimately, every pupil gets the highest quality education and emotional support.
Bring talented people into your school to train and grow as teachers
Motivated, passionate people who’ll inspire your pupils – that’s who we put in our partner schools. So far we’ve placed more than 12,000 through our Training Programme.
They’re high-achieving graduates or people who’ve got valuable experience from other sectors. We know they’ve got what it takes to be great teachers because we put them through a rigorous selection process, so you don’t have to spend extra time on recruitment.
Get support tailored to the needs of your pupils
We have one goal: to give every young person in your school the best start in life. That’s why our Training Programme is built around your school’s specific needs, whether you provide early years, primary or secondary education. For example:
- Early Years trainees are trained in areas such as phonics and mathematics
- science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) and modern language specialists are placed in secondary schools that need their skills
- all trainees get expert guidance in teaching methods and behaviour management relevant to your school
While they’re training with you, they’ll progress from Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) to Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) and earn a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE). All in two years.
Our Leading Together programme also provides bespoke support for schools, working alongside your whole leadership team to match your school's needs.
Retain and develop talent with ongoing leadership training
Our support doesn’t stop when your trainee completes the programme. We know how important career progression opportunities are when it comes to retaining leadership talent and continuously improving your school. We also know how difficult it is to find the time and money to provide them.
That’s why we’ve developed a series of school leaders programmes for all levels that nurtures the existing talent in your school, including our Leading Together Programme which coaches the entire senior leadership team.
- Support classroom teachers and middle and senior leaders to move to the next level.
- Progress leaders with National Professional Qualifications (NPQ).
- Develop solutions that have an impact across your entire school to specific challenges you face.
- Create a leadership culture that supports you and encourages teachers to step up.
- Put in place careers leadership that helps all young people succeed beyond school.
Accelerate learning and progress with comprehensive support
We don’t leave anyone to go it alone or expect your school to be their only support system for teachers. A range of help and guidance will always be on hand for trainees, including:
- School mentors to provide day-to-day guidance.
- University tutors to keep on top of trainees’ academic progress.
- Teach First experts to oversee their training and help with any issue inside or outside the classroom.
- Trainees will also connect with others on the programme nearby at our events and training days.
On our school leaders programmes there is also a range of support available. Everyone taking part is supported by a Teach First expert who has experience successfully implementing change across a school, as well as access to other experts, collaboration with other schools and leaders and evidence-informed content.
Join networks committed to building a fairer education system
Partnering with us opens the door to like-minded leaders, schools and organisations willing to share their skills and resources:
- Teach First Ambassadors – A community of thousands committed to making education fairer. That might involve building links between your schools, or if they’re working in a different sector providing expertise and careers advice.
- Teach First Networks – Regional groups formed by Ambassadors and partner schools to pool knowledge and address specific challenges both regionally and nationally.
You can also bring in extra expertise through our STEM Internships which gives STEM experts a taste of teaching. And our Summer Projects, one-to three-week internships that allow trainees to build experience in a different school. We’re also supported by businesses and non-profit organisations that value our drive to give children from the poorest backgrounds a brighter future. Which means they’ll support you too.
- 99% of those gaining QTS on our Training Programme achieved one of the two highest grades.
- 86% of participating schools said that our Leading Together programme developed their team’s leadership skills.
- 90% of headteachers would recommend us to other schools (Annual Teach First Headteacher Survey 2018)
Partnering with Teach First is a long-term investment... For me, it’s important to recruit quality people who possess the characteristics and skills that will enable them to train as successful teachers and become the school leaders of the future.
Some of our Ambassadors have gone on to found organisations that address issues they’ve identified in schools in low income areas. You can browse them on our ambassador volunteering page, but here’s a taste of what’s on offer:
Expert tuition to help disadvantaged young people fulfil their potential by preparing them for SATs or GCSEs.
The Brilliant Club
Supporting young people from low income families to get into the UK’s top universities. It places PhD researchers in schools to share the crucial knowledge and skills they need.
Football Beyond Borders
Using young people’s passion for the game to motivate them off the pitch by creating a football-themed curriculum.
Providing wellbeing and therapeutic support to pupils in primary and secondary schools, building resilience and helping them cope with complex social issues.
Building cooking skills for parents and their children, so they can create nutritious meals and bond over a hot stove.
I don’t think there is any other country where a grassroots organisation had such a profound impact on raising teacher professionalism as Teach First in England.
Find out more
We're a long-term partner for schools tackling the biggest challenges. As experts in teacher and leadership development, we can support every level of your school.
For more information about partnering with us download our schools brochure. This contains information about recruiting new teachers for your school and supporting your existing staff to grow as brilliant school leaders.
We also offer a range of services to multi-academy trusts and groups of schools, each focused on supporting those tackling the biggest challenges and serving communities most in need. Find out more on our multi-academy trust page.