Join our fully funded teacher training programme
Earn a salary while you train, and help more children reach their potential.
Teach in the schools that need you the most
An outstanding two-year programme
- Start in the classroom next autumn. Not just observing lessons. Actually teaching them.
- Help pupils from the poorest backgrounds reach their full potential.
- Get all the support you need – you’ll be supported, trained and assessed by a Teach First expert, a mentor at your school and a university tutor.
- Ofsted recently rated our teacher training programme as outstanding.
Earn a competitive salary
You’ll earn from the outset and your training is fully funded.
- a 2.1 degree or above (we'll consider a 2.2 for secondary teaching)
- grade C/4 or equivalent in GCSE maths and English language
- for primary, a grade C/4 in one GCSE science subject as well
- the right to work in the UK for the duration of the programme
Teach in schools that need you the most
Our purpose is to give children facing the biggest barriers the chance to fulfil their potential.
We find and train teachers to work in the schools that need them most.
That means you might need to relocate when you join our Training Programme.
Grow your career quickly
You’ll finish our Training Programme with qualified teacher status. It's a teaching standard respected across the world and means you can teach in any state school in the country.
When you’re ready, we’ll help you step up and lead change at school.
Why train to teach with Teach First?
Since 2003, we’ve improved the life chances and choices of over two million pupils.
Independent research shows our approach makes a significant difference to children’s attainment.
Join our teacher training programme
Not for you?
If our Training Programme isn’t for you, you can also train to teach in a school near you on our one-year unsalaried teacher training. Compare our teacher training options.
Making that real palpable change is why I love being a teacher.
A child’s experience is only the teacher in front of them, and I want to be that teacher.