A network of thousands in education and beyond working to help pupils fulfil their potential.
Who are Teach First ambassadors?
If you’ve completed any of our directly-delivered programmes, that makes you a Teach First ambassador. You are now part of a community changing education for the better.
Our community consists of teachers, leaders, policymakers and beyond, bringing their expertise to help unlock the potential in all children. No matter where you've chosen to go after your time with Teach First, as an ambassador, you're a critical part of the solution to ending educational inequality.
How ambassadors make an impact
In and out of the classroom, our ambassadors continue to tackle educational inequality.
Over 60% work as teachers and leaders, making a difference in schools every day. Others volunteer, set up social enterprises, become governors and shape education policy. Linking different sectors and areas of expertise, they form powerful networks that impact the lives of students.
We invite you to read their inspirational stories, showing the many ways you can make a difference after taking part in our programmes.
How can you participate?
- Sign up to receive the ambassador bulletin by emailing the ambassador inbox
- Connect with us on social media: @TF_ambassadors on Twitter & join our ambassador Facebook group with over 3500 members and growing
- Connect with 12,000+ ambassadors who are just at the other end of an email or LinkedIn message
- Join one of our over 100 networks and meet ups to connect with ambassadors and others working to create a fairer education
- Volunteer to help create a fair education for all
Connect with Teach For All
A 90,000+ global community of Teach For All programmes - you are one of them
Three key ways to connect with Teach For All:
The Teach First Ambassador Network
The ambassador network has been incredibly important for me as a source of inspiration. I've been surrounded by fantastic leaders.
Get professional coaching
- Free programme for Teach First programme members and school leaders
- Work with an experienced corporate coach
- One-to-one sessions tailored to your needs
- Fits around your schedule
Become a governor
We’re working with education charity Governors for Schools to help fill some of the thousands of school governor vacancies across England and Wales.
Schools need the support of a talented and committed board to ensure that every child has the opportunity to thrive. You can find out more about becoming a school governor and apply online through the charity’s website.
You can also register for an upcoming Introduction to Governance webinar, where you can hear more about the role and the support provided.
Complete or host a Summer Project
Summer Projects are internships that take place in August. They last between one and three weeks and provide programme members and ambassadors with opportunities for networking and development.
- Build connections and relationships across industries
- Gain a fresh perspective and insight into another sector
- Learn new skills and acquire expertise you can apply to your role
- Take part in inspiring and rewarding projects
Summer Projects take place in August - find more information of when they open, and how to apply to complete or host one.
Develop your skills via further Training
We offer flexible training and expert support for all levels of school leadership. You’ll boost your skills to better support your pupils and take your career to new heights.
- Careers Leader
Improve careers guidance at your school. For middle or senior leaders. Find out more.
- Specialist NPQ
Leading teaching in a subject or year, leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing in their school, or leading the development of other teachers in their school. Find out more.
- Leadership NPQ
Fulfil your leadership potential with expert support on a leading NPQML course. Find out more.
- Leading Together
Free support for your senior leadership team, tailored to your school's needs. Find out more.
Sharing your time and experience by volunteering with Teach First can help to unlock the potential in teachers and children across the country.
- Be part of the wider Teach First community
- Develop new skills
- Build key relationships for your career
- Share your expertise and knowledge
- Gain valuable experience by helping others to develop professionally
- Participate in fundraising bespoke events
- Make a difference where it's needed most
The three ways to fundraise for Teach First - wherever you are and whatever you are interested in:
- Sports events: Run? Cycle? Swim? However you fundraise, you’ll be helping to get great teachers and brilliant leaders into the schools that need them most. On your marks. Get set…
- Personal challenges: Push yourself to the limit on one of our epic charity events. A mountainous trek. A mind-blowing skydive. An adventure of a lifetime. Our challenge is to unlock the potential in all children, not just some. What will yours be?
- Organise your own: Prefer to do your own thing? Use our free resources to create your own fundraiser. Have a pub quiz or spelling bee in your office. Host a bake sale with friends and family. The choice is yours.
Join our fight for a fairer education system
Schools are doing all that they can to tackle this inequality, while working tirelessly in the face of huge challenges. They need you.
You can set up a regular direct debit or make a one-off donation.